Saturday, March 13, 2010

MY Dancing

I like to dance....doesn't matter what type but i just love to dance.I started to learn North indian classical dance "Katthak" when i was 6 years old. But soon left the class as i wanted to play with my friends...was not ready to stop that in between and go to class alone.
But still continue dancing in school competitaion, at home ... everyhwere :)
After coming to germany suddenly got very much interested again in South indian classical dance "bharatnatyam". Well it was definately not easy to find a teacher in germany . That time was living in a very small village in germany. so it was almost impossible to find bharatnatyam teacher but aha.... was lucky to find a teacher. And guess who was she....a German girl who had completed her Arngetram was ready to teach me bharatnatyam once a week. I was really happy. But after 2 years i moved to another far away city and she also moved to another city, so my dance class stopped. Then I got interested in Salsa dancing. and started to attend weekend workshops with one of my chinese friends. That music was just amezing. But after marriage stopped that as my hubby was not so much into dancing salsa. :(
Then one day attended one diwali festival in heidelberg and found a new bharatnatyam teacher. and ya...thats what i call now a real Globalization :)....An indian girl learning indian classcical dance in Germany from a Polish teacher :) This new teacher is also very good and i really like to learn from her. Since last 3 years my class is going on very well. I am enjoying it.
I really never thought that in germany i can find a bharatnatyam teacher. but ye...i found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment