Monday, October 10, 2022

#31 blog post challange for OCT.2022 #day10

          Korea Impression 

I got a chance to go to Korea to attend my Korean friend's wedding few years back.  I love korean food and so I was very happy that finally I will get to eat real korean food 😀

My trip to Korea was excellent . In general I think people are same everywhere in the world , we all have same emotions , almost same  expectations from life . I would like to talk about my experience from my friend's wedding. 

The wedding was a mix of American and traditional korean wedding rituals. So when actually the wedding ceremony started and my friend's mother stood in front of the  mike to talk, she was talking in korean. ofcourse none of us understand the language but at that point it was not even necessary to understand the language to feel the emotions of a mother who is sending her daughter to her new house , new family. Her chocked voice , and eyes filled with tears conveyed her emotions to us even without the language. How it can be different from any mother in the world. That was really heart touching moment for all of us , her non-Korean friends.

the ceremony was beautiful . My friend wanted to have that venue only but the venue owner had never given that venue for any wedding before and so was reluctant to agree to this. But my friend and her family tried very hard to convince him and finally managed to get the wedding venue.  

I saw the korean wedding before only once in my favorite TV serial Gilmore Girls so that was the only reference I had . But to large extent this is how the korean weddings are. It is very short event and people really just com , eat , give gift and go. no big , long parties, no singing-dancing.

My friend's wedding was a bit different as it was a mix of typical American and Korean styles and so was a bit longer than the normal weddings. It was also bit delayed than they originally planned and my friend told us later that they had to send the letter to guests apologizing for the delay. 

She also organized another drinks/food party in the city  after the actual wedding was over for all of us who came from foreign countries . It was a very nice party. We all tried different rice wines there. They were special for 4 different seasons like summer, winter etc..

We did many trips in korea and everywhere we got so many different experiences. But one thing was always common that whenever I told I am from India the different kind of respect I saw in korean people's eyes was really amazing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment