Sunday, October 2, 2022

#31 blog post challange for OCT.2022 #day2

            Pandemic travel PCR Test Fun Part1

I have a deep passion for traveling, but the pandemic posed numerous challenges for me. I made a personal choice not to get vaccinated, and I stand firm in my reasons, regardless of others' opinionsBut any way the time when i was not vaccinated and still was traveling a lot ofcourse had to do tests all time which is fine and i don't mind paying 80 euro for PCR test before flying . Also even doing quick tests every 2 days . I was fine with all this than taking a vaccine.

        In November 2021, I embarked on a holiday trip to Cyprus. It was a marvelous vacation, and when the time came to return home, I adhered to my routine of taking a PCR test. I made sure to time it correctly, ensuring that the test was conducted 30 hours prior to my flight. Fortunately, the test result came back negative, and I was all set to fly back. However, as soon as we boarded the flight, we encountered a technical issue that prevented us from taking off. After three hours of waiting inside the airplane, we were informed that the flight was canceled, and the airline would arrange accommodation for us in a hotel. We were assured that we would receive an email with the details of our re-booked flights. It was already late at night, around 11:30 p.m. Concerned about the validity of my PCR test until I reached Germany, I approached the staff for clarification. Unfortunately, they couldn't provide a definitive answer and promised to consult with their manager, which they never did.

The next day, I was re-booked for an early morning flight through London instead of my original direct flight. When I reached the British Airways counter in the morning, I expressed my concerns about the validity of my PCR test. The staff reassured me that it was still valid. Although I was willing to retake the test, I discovered that the test center was not open at that hour. Consequently, I proceeded with the flight, confident that my test result remained valid until I reached London.

Upon arrival at London airport, I proceeded to the next terminal for my Frankfurt flight. As I approached the check-in counter, the staff asked for my test certificate. I presented it, but they informed me that it appeared to be invalid. I promptly shared the entire story and even offered to take another test on the spot. However, they informed me that the test center is located outside the airport premises, making it impractical. Determined to find a solution, I asked them for alternative options.

After consulting with their colleagues, they gathered around with pen and paper, meticulously calculating the various time zones involved. After careful consideration, they eventually delivered the news, "Well, you made it just in time." because I did the test in Cyprus which has different time zone than UK and then now I am in London again another time zone and then going to Frankfurt which is one hour ahead of UK so after calculating all the time differences As per UK time I will reach Germany in time and so my test result is still valid 😊 Consequently, according to UK time, my test result would still be valid upon my arrival in Germany. This realization brought me great relief and a sense of accomplishment.

In the end, everything went smoothly, and I arrived in Germany without any further issues. Throughout this journey, I have accumulated countless amusing experiences about these tests. I have lost the count of money I spent on these tests. I firmly believe that life is enriched by such diverse experiences, and I embrace each one with joy.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment