Saturday, October 1, 2022

#31 blog post challange for OCT.2022 #Day1

                             Pandemic Travel

In 2020 pandemic hit all of us and life changed completely. In 2017 I decided to see new years firework every year from a different country and also manged it till 2019 but in 2020 i was not sure if will be able to keep my promise to myself. But I was lucky and could fly to Madeira island in Portugal. it was very new style of flying or travel in general because of pandemic.

First I did a PCR test 1 day before flying . For that we had to go to Frankfurt airport as It was not available that easily anywhere else. for this I Had to take online appointment and pay online and then go to the airport for the test. but I must say all went relatively smooth considering the large number of people and everyone confused, changing rules everyday . 

Going to airport with public transport , doing the test and then come back home by public transport and then fly after 1 day ....how this can show I am still negative at the time of flying  was beyond my understanding but hey whatever govt. says you do . I was happy i was able to fly and celebrate new year in different country.

Few days before my travel date there was a curfew in Germany and we were not allowed to go out after 8 p.m.  and my flight was early morning at 5 that means I need to take a train around 3 in the night . It was not possible to go out of house at that time so finally I decided to take a train just before 8 in the night and then stay at the airport for the whole night.  No nearby hotel was allowing tourists to stay in the hotel as a govt. rule . Only business travelers were allowed. So only option was really to stay at the airport.  But that was not so bad. airport had good toilets , some food stalls and free WIFI.... what more you need 😊 But one uncomfortable thing that we had to wear masks  all time . 

After all these small and big problems finally I flew to Madeira next day and the trip was wonderful.

Not that many tourists there so travel was smooth , hotel was great, better weather than in Germany and not so many restrictions as in Germany. So it was really nice holiday.  Also I was able to do all tours like a private tour but for very cheap price.

Finally on 31st Dec. 2020 watched the best fireworks directly from the balcony of my hotel room in the sea. well it was sea view room so I had the best view. And I kept my promise made to myself to celebrate new year in new country every year even during pandemic. 

I feel really grateful and blessed that I was able to travel and without any health issues during that difficult time.






No comments:

Post a Comment