Thursday, October 6, 2022

#31 blog post challange for OCT.2022 #day6

                             Hotel zur Sonne


Hotel Sonne is the hotel and restaurant I stayed for the very first time when I came to Germany. A small family owned hotel in a small village Donaueschingen.  My first job was in a small village Donaueschingen in black forest area and my company organized my accommodation in this hotel for first few months. 

That was the first time I met this wonderful old couple and they became important part of my life and my first pair of parents in Germany.  I don't know how our relation developed and became so loving and real that I cannot imagine how horrible my life would have been without them around me at every step of my life. This was the only couple in that small village who was able to speak to English and very kind towards foreigners. I used to call them Uncle sonne and Aunty sonne.  Aunty was originally from Switzerland and Uncle from Germany. they both met at hotel school in Switzerland and then fall in love with each other. When I met them they were already in their 70s but still working and managing this beautiful family hotel and restaurant. Uncle was a cook and Aunty was managing the hotel administration. 

Even after I left the hotel accommodation  I was still in contact with them and after few months I lost my job so I was a  bit worried . I was still new in Germany and was not good in language either. That time I asked them if they know any cheap place for me to stay so I can leave my current flat and save some money. They offered me a room in their hotel with breakfast for around 150 euro . I was so happy and thankful to them. Since that day they became my real parents. They always used to check on me . if I need anything , which friends I have, with whom I go out and so on. They were taking care of me just like their own daughter. 

Every Monday when restaurant was closed  they both used to take me in their car and we 3 used to go on a day trip somewhere nearby . I had the best time with them. Even their children who used to live far away but they also considered me as part of their family. After when I moved to a different city , I used to visit them at least once a month and we used to even celebrate Christmas together. Every time when I used to drive from their hotel to my home, Aunty used to say Drive safe and call when you reach home. She never missed even once to say this to me 😊 I still hear  in my ears her voice when I start driving. 

They even introduced me to their old friends and we all used to have the best time in the evening after restaurant was closed. There I got to meet their good friend Heinrich who was a police commissioner of Rottweil  that time. This old man also became my father soon and helped me to find a job. he gave my CV to the owner of one company and told me now its your job to give a good interview and get the job. I was lucky enough to get that job. I used to go everyday from Donaueschingen to Rottweil by train for my job till I find a new apartment in Rottweil . This police commissioner was so nice that he instructed his secretary to pick me up every morning from the train station and drive to the company so I do not have to wait for the bus and reach in time to the office. I still don't understand how these people believed on me so much and helped me , took care of me like their own daughter.

I feel my self really lucky to find such a wonderful people around me. I must have done  something really good in my past life to meet these kind , wonderful, helping people. They trusted on a girl coming from some far away country and gave her the love of a family. I really wonder how people meet from different parts of the world and get together and become a family. 

These people have always a special place in my heart. Love you my adopted family and wish you the best.






No comments:

Post a Comment